Prostatitis Forum & Social Network

Acute and chronic prostatitis discussion. Arnon Krongrad, MD, moderator.

I'm on antibiotics and feel pressure in the perineum that wasn't there just before the antibiotics.

Does any one else notice things like this.

Views: 1402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Luke, Most patients with prostatitis report perineal pressure. Most of them do not have a fungal infection.

Can you please tell us why you're asking about fungi causing prostatitis?
its just a thing that has worried me after i took doxicyline for epidymitis and it got worse and started the prostatitis symptoms and allowed yeast to grow on the scrotum skin.
Now that i have started antibiotics for prostatits i noticed that the pain and pressure feeling has changed to a the feeling of sitting on a golf ball (more pressure feeling)
I don't know what the infection is or if its an infection so im worried that if its not bacterial the antibiotics (trimethoprim) might make it worse.
I'm glad to see that you've thought of fungus, the risk for which rises with chronic use of antibiotics. Clinically meaningful fungal infections are more like, by the way, in patients with immune compromise (e.g. end-stage HIV infection). In any event, fungal infection is still something that would have to be proven, which involves doing specific fungus cultures.

Here is an article about the use of antibiotics and how, based upon experimental evidence, this may be bad. It's not about fungus. FYI.
thanx for your comments.
Hi Luke,

An ironic twist: An antifungal that is actually a cause of prostatitis.

AK

@Blake ... The perineum is the region between the scrotum and anus. The perineum often hurts in men with prostatitis -- "I feel like I'm sitting on a golf ball" -- and/or after prostatectomy.

Blake can you Share ur this petiant story? Im having the same symptom and might be e coli related

Perhaps the link to fungi is not that far fetched. Have you seen this? www.psp94.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Off Site Posts

GENERAL DISCLAIMER

The Prostatitis social network is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services.

Any person who appears to knowingly solicit and/or render medical advice or promote a professional or commercial service on this site may be removed by the administrators without notice.

Information provided on this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating acute or chronic prostatitis or any other health problem or disease.

The Prostatitis social network is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, please consult your health care provider.

© 2024   Created by Arnon Krongrad, MD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service