Prostatitis Forum & Social Network

Acute and chronic prostatitis discussion. Arnon Krongrad, MD, moderator.

Why I dont see new experiences LRP, new patients taking this operation?

The last operations were the 2010, 2011 is it that nobody has operated since then?

Views: 1886

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Francisco, I wonder the same thing. This site seems to have become very inactive. It was originally set up in conjunction with a research project to determine the efficacy of LRP for chronic prostatitis. It was a very exciting prospect, as very little research is done on chronic prostatitis, and the initial results seems very promising. However, the project just seemed to disappear. The doctor was also very available on site to discuss or answer questions in a sensible and helpful way, but he seems to have disappeared too. There's very little discussion of any kind here now, which is a bit disappointing.

Glad to see I'm not the only disappointed reader too!
Nothing pionering - nothing inspiring - i have followed this site for years and still feel new comers pain - but man please let there be something new and encouraging alongside the ways..
I had expectations in the LRP relief operation, but I see no interest in showing the result of the clinic trial that ended this 2015.
Thomas and John, are you considering the LRP operation?

I was once considering the operation, but have changed my mind due to the lack of research data. For what it's worth my opinion is that the operation can be very effective for those with chronic bacterial prostatitis. It makes sense to me that if the prostate is infected, and the infection can't be dealt with using antibiotics, then removing the prostate will remove the source of the problem. When I look at the accounts of successful operations they all seem to have had symptoms like fever, lethargy, inflammation etc, which would seem to me to be caused by infection. I have non-bacterial, non inflammatory prostatitis. I don't know the cause and wonder if LRP would really help. Frankly, I've given up hope that a cause will be identified and a solution found in my lifetime (I'm 60). If no research is done then nothing will happen. I'm tired of going online to see the latest research papers and they're all review papers i.e. they summarise past research, so the same thing is repeated again and again with nothing new added.  

I am a 33 year old man with chronic prostatitis and chronic inflammation! the data backing that your quality of life would be miles better then living with an infected prostate is very poor and of little use or help to any man. my sex life is active and I am not incontinent .

I have years left so the answer is simple. no pioneering surgery with breath taking results, then I shall live a man of misery until then

snehan pingame did his lrp...but he is silent ..i don't know why...ask him about his lrp success dudes...and john haynes will u please mail me at   mandalsupantha@gmail.com...i need to talk to you again john..waiting for ur mail...

regards

supantha

My concern about having the LRP was the odds.  What are the odds of it helping or failing completely.  No one seems to be able the answer this question.  I have heard from several who had the surgery and it did not work.  Now they are having to deal with the side effects of the surgery plus they still have their original symptoms.  No one can say for certain, but someone has to know a ball park figure. I respect Dr Krongrad for his willingness to help the suffering. In some cases the surgery was a success.  But apparently the odds are not in your favor.

How many cases dr krongrad patients failed lrp operation? And , How many cases are success?. I see more success stories that failed cases. The question is, how many have taken the operation and not post on this forum? How are they going?

I think the probability of getting a good outcome is not 50/50. We are afraid to be on the side of failed cases although they are few.
Robotic prostatectomy is done at university of keck los angeles...a 37 yr old guy got his prostate removed. ..he once posted in this forum...people are getting operated but they don't post just like snehan...

Yeah.  My urologist here told me the odds of success were probably less than 50%. I would think you would only do the surgery if you unable to function or have little or no quality of life.

Frank said:

How many cases dr krongrad patients failed lrp operation? And , How many cases are success?. I see more success stories that failed cases. The question is, how many have taken the operation and not post on this forum? How are they going?

I think the probability of getting a good outcome is not 50/50. We are afraid to be on the side of failed cases although they are few.

I recently came across this paper (link: http://www.plosone.org/article/Related/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pon...) reporting research done at Northwestern in Chicago. It's a bit difficult to follow for the layman, but one of the researchers kindly gave me a summary which is much more understandable.

It seems that for some patients CP/CPPs is indeed an autoimmune condition and that they've identified which  T-cells are responsible. Therefore the next step is to  develop therapies targeting those cells, which  may help alleviate pain and urinary symptoms.

Of course, such therapies are a long way off, but I for one am glad that some research is being done which adds to our knowledge and gives hope of some effective treatment. I'm also glad that identifying it as an autoimmune condition may at last shut up those people who say, 'It's all in your head!' 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Off Site Posts

GENERAL DISCLAIMER

The Prostatitis social network is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services.

Any person who appears to knowingly solicit and/or render medical advice or promote a professional or commercial service on this site may be removed by the administrators without notice.

Information provided on this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating acute or chronic prostatitis or any other health problem or disease.

The Prostatitis social network is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, please consult your health care provider.

© 2024   Created by Arnon Krongrad, MD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service