Prostatitis Forum & Social Network

Acute and chronic prostatitis discussion. Arnon Krongrad, MD, moderator.

Was wondering if anyone has been to the Cleveland clinic.

Views: 621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went to the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Schokes is nice but the billing at the Cleveland Clind is a disaster. I would only suggest going to the clinic if you have exhausted local resources.

I went to the Cleveland Clinic and was examined by Dr. Shoskes. After doing a culture of my urine, no bacteria was found and so he diagnosed me with "chronic pelvic pain symptoms", as opposed to "prostatitis". He recommended that I find a good physical therapist specialized in the pelvic floor. I strongly recommend reading his edited volume, ""Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (2008)" by Daniel A Shoskes as well as "A Headache in the Pelvis: A New Understanding and Treatment for Prostatitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes (2012)" by David Wise.

These books are very important in terms of understanding the difference between bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis.

Dr. Shoskes is one of the best urologists in the country in terms of doing a proper diagnosis, so if you can afford going to the Cleveland Clinic, I definitely recommend doing so.

saw Dr. Shoskes about 12 yrs ago in Ft. Lauderdale Cleveland Clinic. I think it was my first flare up and it seemed to finally fade after he suggested prostate massages with antibiotics. The method helped me get by for several yrs with just minor flares that faded away within a month or two. But I have since had flares that didn't seem to react to massage of the prostate. My most recent flare was one of my worst. What was really strange though, was how the first massage for that flare made the symptom pain drop from a 6 to about a 2 in just a couple of hours. I couple of weeks later, though, my symptoms ramped back up. Added new symptoms like nausea, malaise, and a feeling like my whole nervous system is stuck in a higher gear is why I'm at the point of seriously considering prostate removal at age 53.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Off Site Posts

GENERAL DISCLAIMER

The Prostatitis social network is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services.

Any person who appears to knowingly solicit and/or render medical advice or promote a professional or commercial service on this site may be removed by the administrators without notice.

Information provided on this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating acute or chronic prostatitis or any other health problem or disease.

The Prostatitis social network is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, please consult your health care provider.

© 2024   Created by Arnon Krongrad, MD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service