Prostatitis Forum & Social Network

Acute and chronic prostatitis discussion. Arnon Krongrad, MD, moderator.

Dr Felician requested that I share my pathology report. See attached files.

In my case the cancer was unexpected (for me) because all my PSAs have been low within the normal range.

With respect to prostatitis, the pathologist identified mild granulomatous prostatitis. I have come to understand that this can be caused by trauma. Which raises a question for me. Did I make my prostatitis worse or harder to cure by having the direct prostate injections and the vigorous massage that comes with the Manila Protocol?

Views: 150

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Mike, I cannot imagine that massage caused the kind of granulomatous stippling that the pathologist reported. While the differential for granulomas is long, the most likely explanation for the anatomical finding is the punctate trauma caused by needles going into the prostate.
Arnon

You are probably correct. For me its just a question (which at this point is pretty meaningless to my current condition). I did make periodic prostate massage a regular occurrence because it gave me temporary relief. However, massaging to the point of causing blood just does not make sense to me. I know that punctures are different than severe massage but they are both traumatic when blood in the semen is the result.

Mike

Arnon Krongrad, MD said:
Mike, I cannot imagine that massage caused the kind of granulomatous stippling that the pathologist reported. While the differential for granulomas is long, the most likely explanation for the anatomical finding is the punctate trauma caused by needles going into the prostate.

RSS

Groups

Off Site Posts

GENERAL DISCLAIMER

The Prostatitis social network is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services.

Any person who appears to knowingly solicit and/or render medical advice or promote a professional or commercial service on this site may be removed by the administrators without notice.

Information provided on this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating acute or chronic prostatitis or any other health problem or disease.

The Prostatitis social network is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, please consult your health care provider.

© 2024   Created by Arnon Krongrad, MD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service