Prostatitis Forum & Social Network

Acute and chronic prostatitis discussion. Arnon Krongrad, MD, moderator.

any good results with herbs?

I found that bee pollen helped my symptoms by about 30 percent, yet the pollen made me very ill, so i had to stop

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quercitin helps considerably too, with no side effects with me. I find the Holland & Barratt Quercitin + Vit C capsules just as effective as the more expensive Prosta-Q.
Are there data on herbs or only case reports?
Dr Shoskes did a study involving a product called prosta q, main ingredient is quercetin. The study apparently showed major reductions in painful prostatitis symptoms in 80 percent of patients taking it. http://www.dshoskes.com/prostaq.html

Men on most prostatitis forums report pretty poor results with it, for whatever reason. Its worth a try though. I tried it with no effect...

I read about a few small study's involving bee pollen and pygeum{indian tree bark} which seem to be favorable.

In fact after taking pygeum, my after urine dribble went away. I had to stop taking the herb because it made me ill. I have a weak stomach when it comes to herbs for some reason..

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2006/apr2006_aas_01.htm
Hi Mike,
May I know your symptoms based on the NIH symptom score?
Thanks
AEF

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Off Site Posts

GENERAL DISCLAIMER

The Prostatitis social network is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services.

Any person who appears to knowingly solicit and/or render medical advice or promote a professional or commercial service on this site may be removed by the administrators without notice.

Information provided on this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating acute or chronic prostatitis or any other health problem or disease.

The Prostatitis social network is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, please consult your health care provider.

© 2024   Created by Arnon Krongrad, MD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service