What is your score on the Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index (posted on home page)?
If you have been diagnosed with prostatitis, please tell us your story: age, duration of symptoms, treatments, results, and the like.
1. Chronic pelvic pain syndrome/chronic prostatitis for approximately one year with a CPPS score in the high 30's. Pain level was 7/10 daily, and I was barely able to sit down because of the severe pain. I practically cried myself to sleep every night.
2. Failure to find an etiology despite a myriad of diagnostic testing.
3. Failure of multiple courses of antibiotics, quercetin, pelvic floor physical therapy.
4. Resolution of the pain almost immediately following laparoscopic prostatectomy performed by Dr. Krongrad.
5. Incontinence following surgery was difficult to deal with, but by 3 months following surgery, I was able to eliminate all pads.
6. Now, at 6 months following surgery, CPPS score is 1; incontinence is minimal (if any at all), despite heavy exercise, and potency is improving.
7. Absolutely no regrets about having the surgery. Actually, there wasn't much of a choice; I'm not sure if I would have been able to tolerate it much longer.